Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Europa

I've been back for almost a month now. The whole trip seems so surreal, almost like I can't believe I actually went.

It's funny to think back on the things we saw and experiences. It makes me wonder what the others thought or felt at that particular time. Maybe they felt nothing, maybe that's why they have no other expressions. Whatever the case, I feel like I got the most of the trip, and everything I wanted to do\expected do, we did, so that's always a nice feeling.

Paris: Our first stop. We were all tired, lost, and unable to speak the language. Parisians were the most unfriendly when it came to helping us find things, or answering questions. Conquered the usual tourist sites in about half a day. Wouldn't necessarily want to go back. Been there, done that.

Berlin: My favorite. Overnight train ride was a nice little adventure. Anna was an awesome host. We saw the wall, a bunch of parks, had local food and walked the city. The Germans were all so kind and welcoming, not to mention that almost all of them spoke english, a nice change from Paris. I felt most comfortable here. I would definitely want to go back.

Stuttgart\Tubingen\Tuttlingen: Beautiful. Again, the Germans were so welcoming. Mary's parents were beyond nice, and made us feel right at home. The food was good, and the scenery was amazing. The little German towns and countryside were nice to see after seeing the city -life of Berlin.

Chur\Zurich: Not enough time. Zurich was just a passing point, although actually couch surfing was fun and funny. Chur was breath taking, and the train ride from Z-C was so eye opening. The alps on either side of you really makes you re-evaluate things. I would like to have gotten to spend more time here.

Europe in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment