Tuesday, February 23, 2010

domino effect

Birthday has come and gone. It was mellow. Dinner and ice cream at ICI with family and friends. The actual day of my birth was spent in bed, nursing my cough and cold. I got some really sweet cards and little presents. My mom always knows how to make me cry the happiest of tears.

We went and saw Alkaline Trio and Cursive in the city last Thursday. The crowd was funny, semi-annoying. Alkaline was good, I love them both, but Cursive killed it. Their set was full of all of my favorite songs and their energy was the highest I have ever seen them. Far is this Thursday along with Stomacher, a band that has come highly recommended by friends. I am excited for this week to be bookend in shows.

I like crafts. Usually they consists of collages. I love to cut words and pictures out of magazines, newspapers, postcards, posters, etc. and glue them all together to represent someone\something. Today I made a frame out of dominoes. I haven't made the backing yet, but here it is. I like the simple black and white.



This weekend we are heading up to Tahoe with my mom and sister. Should be a nice little getaway. A chance to relax by a fire, surrounded by calm white and those I love. I'm looking forward to it.

I want to read. I finished a Approaching Neverland, which surpassed all of my expectations and then some. I am almost done with Book 5, the story has picked up speed once again, and I have no idea what is going to happen next. Then onto Book 6. And I am searching for a new one to start. I think I am going to read You Are Not a Stranger Here.



What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

1 comment: