Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Haul

I cannot believe that Christmas has already come and gone. We did Meals on Wheels again, although for some reason it seemed more challenging than years past. Maybe because we don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese. We'll work on this for next year.

This year was definitely more about giving than receiving and it was so refreshing, although I did receive some amazing things...

Case en point:
Two new knitted hats. Notice the mustard :)

The calendar I wanted.

An amazing stencil of Ms. Ampersand herself, from Brad.

Even robots love me.

Powerberries, along with other sweet treats filled my stocking.

My Jonsi-esque scarf that Kristine got me.

Matryoshka measuring cups! It's nice when things fit so nicely into one another.


I also got tickets to see Against Me! at Slims in February, a nearly complete\to-be-finished drawing of me an Ampersand stippled, some pots and pans, a cookbook, a new coffee mug, and some other odds and ends. All of my gifts were so spot on, it was quite impressive and so loving.

Over the break I am hoping to take it easy. To hop from coffee shop to coffee shop, and catch up on my reading. I am sad to say that I have fallen behind in my reading, not that I had a schedule, but more that I have not had the free time to lounge and read for pleasure like I used to, and therefore have not powered through some of the books I had hoped I would. Next on the list are: (Finish) Dark Tower Series, (Finish) Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk, The Chisellers, and maybe one more.

I want to learn how to play the violin, or cello, or ukulele, or guitar. Another hobby to add to my list of new ones. But for now, I suppose I'll stick to the other hobbies I have since abandoned during the daunting months of school.

1 comment: