Tuesday, January 15, 2013

You're lucky, you made it.

It's 2013. Weird. Usually I write the wrong year whenever I am dating something for the first few weeks of January, but not this year. Subconsciously, I think I was ready for a new year.

The holidays were okay. Nothing spectacular. Family, friends. It's always such bad timing, and it always will be. It's so hard to believe that this year marked our 6 years. We spent the day together, talked, laughed, cried. It was funny how much you remember and how much you forget.


New Years Eve was spent with good friends in Walnut Creek. I was still in the throws of that horrible cold/flu that everyone has, but it was good to get out and be with friends. This was one of the best NYE's I have had in years. (Thanks Patrick and Shayna for inviting us!)

I have learned a few songs on my ukulele. More importantly, I am having so much fun playing.

I started taking ballet classes. I do a 2 hour class every Monday evening in Walnut Creek with some friends, and I am also joining a class that meets every Wednesday as well. I never thought I would be back in a ballet studio, but I am absolutely loving it. The class is so hard and brutal, and I am sure I look like I am in pain the majority of the time, but you leave feeling so good, and beautiful and awkwardly graceful.

Every Sunday I have spent the evening laughing and playing and enjoying the company of some amazing people. It's so nice to look around a room and feel the love. Sunday Funsies is serious funsies.

This weekend is Kathryn and Anton's engagement party. I'm so happy and excited for them, and can't wait to be a part of the wedding with them in October! I love love.

Next week, jury duty. Ugh. And a night out with some girls from work, which will be so fun and so needed. A nice little review of the last month or so... things are good, and only getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment