Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Wild West

I moved to Oakland about three months ago, and I am madly in love with it.

I spend my days in the depths of Oakland, in a part that has become aptly named Ghost Town (and not because of all the white people that live there). It really is the Wild West, but I love it, and amazingly, feel very safe here, which is most important.

I start nursing school in two weeks, and feel so lucky to have such an amazing support team behind me and cheering me on. I have never felt more ready, or more excited.

Theodore Roosevelt, or Teddy as we lovingly call him, my 10mo pitbull puppy, is doing great. He is following the rest of the pack, listening to commands, and catching on quickly. I still baby him beyond belief, but I cant help it, I am madly in love with him. Thank god Ben is there to whip us both into shape, hah. We can often be found hanging around the local beer garden with all three of our pups surrounded by friends and family.


The family and I spent 10 amazing days in Spain back in May. It was a good time, full of food, drinks, and laughter. I feel so blessed that I am not only able to travel with my family, but that we all genuinely enjoy being with one another. As we have all gotten older, and have more commitments and individual schedules, taking long trips like that seems to be geting more difficult, but the stress is well worth the experience.
We lit a candle for Dad at Montserrat.
Spain brings out the best in people.
All of the architecture is so stunning. America is so boring.
We all went to a Falmenco Show. Mom liked their butts.
Spain is full of barrels and barrels of wine.


Speaking of family trips...once agian we all packed up and headed to Lake Shasta for a week of houseboating. Unfortunately, Ben and I, were only able to be there for the first 3 days, but we had a blast. Eating, drinking, singing, dancing. We all waterskiied, wakeboarded, kneeborded, and tubed. Next time I want to try the wake surfing that the cousins have now. 

We cut down wood with his famous hand hatchet and made a huge bonfire at the lake.
Baby A's first boat ride. So cute it's ridiculous.

As we gear up for school, and fall, and holidays, Ben and I have started to wind down and spend quiet nights at home, with friends, cooking, dancing, listening to music, and cuddling our pups. Its been nice, and necessary...

Happy summer.

I swear we have actual pictures of us, as a couple, but those tend to get lost when you decide to throw you phone in the bottom of a lake...



No comments:

Post a Comment