Sunday, January 17, 2010

when hummingbirds fail to hum

Ugh, what a week. It was full of frustration, schedule mishaps, unhealthiness and overall stress. I am hoping that this rain will wash that all away and bring a new fresh, clean start.

Since starting work, and seeing and being around and exposed to some of the things I have been, I have really noticed my sense of humor and general outlook on things\life\people. My mom says it’s tainted. I say it’s survival in all the right ways.

The patients I work with have some of the worst circumstances imaginable, and if we didn’t laugh every once in a while, we wouldn’t be able to keep such an upbeat environment for them. It’s hard to go to work everyday and face such horrible odds for these people you become attached to. You know what the outcome will be, and yet you still have that sliver of “but just maybe” looming in the back of your mind.



With all of that being said, I have decided to write down and keep some of the funny\odd things they say to me. Here are the first few:

“You have nice teeth… Are they for sale?!”

“I will not drink that, It’s MEXICAN!” (referring to her milk, which had Chinese characters on the carton might I add)

“You look nice. But I know you’re not,.”

“My roommate called my a faggot because I turned off the T.V., that means thief right? I’m no thief!!!”



All in a days work…

No comments:

Post a Comment