Monday, September 24, 2012

You'll live to dance another day.

It has been forever since I last posted something. As I read through my last few posts, I chuckled to myself at how much has changed. How much I have changed, and yet remained the same. Where to begin?

Work life- I left Kindred, with a heavy heart but my pride intact. It was such an amazing experience working there with all of my patients and amazing co-workers. It really is sad that a few people can ruin such a good thing. I visit often, and keep in touch with those I left behind, but moving on from that was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

School- Nonexistent. Plans in the works, but I won't go into them now.. As annoying and frustrating as this process has been, I have never felt more okay, or sure of things falling into place on their own. I should probably be more stressed about this, but I'm not. This seems to be the case with a lot of things. I'll just go with it.

Family- I have the best family anyone could ask for. We all went houseboating for the first time since Dad died, and it was such a triumphant moment for us all. A week of music, and laughing and being off the grid was so refreshing.

Those seem to be the big three. I have been filling my days with endless love and fun this summer. Making a point to take time for friends and the little things, and I feel so re-energized. While my goals and stubborn motivation are all still there and a huge part of who I am and what I do, my outlook and attitude have changed immensely. I value those people that are in my circle so much more, and appreciate their presence and what they have to offer to this world. My friends have always been amazing, but in times of transition and stress, they are simply the best.

I have been listening to music, folky-indie stuff, nonstop. It seems to be a little deeper than just listening. I am trying to take it in, and have been 'assigning' certain songs and artists to different people/events/emotions. Sharing music with someone you care about is the ultimate sign of affection.

The last few weeks have been full of new things and people, and I am so filled with happiness and excitement. Labels are labels, and I don't know where that leaves 'us.' Its weird being a grown-up, an actual adult, but being with someone who is equal makes it so worth it.

I bought a new Ukulele. His name is Duke.
Oakland Pride.
Oakland Pride. What a good team player.
Wine tasting for Brad's birthday.
Friends.
A last goodbye, but not forever. I think it's safe to say that Fall is here. Pumpkin everything. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment