Monday, May 25, 2009

In the blur of serenity



An amazingly fun and filled weekend. Started off with the surreal experience that was NIN\JA. Traveled down to shoreline with hours to kill and no confirmation, but with plenty of hopes of actually getting to meet the band, and being apart of something so much bigger than me. Miles and I sat around Starbucks, nothing unfamiliar for us, and waited. We finally got pre-sale tickets, and some information regarding the donation and soundcheck meet and greet package. Some more waiting, and by 4:45 we were lead through the front gates and into the ampitheatre where NIN was ready and waiting. They played four songs just for us, and we were front and center. It was a carefree kind of private concert.
So awesome. 
They left the stage and Street Sweeper Social Club was up. They were a lot of fun. I'm excited to see what they come up with for their album and to see them live again. Then it was meet and greet time. The best part was when they band member introduced themselves as if you didn't already know who they were. Nice guys. Trent, of course, was the highlight, although Robin Finck is a close second. The rest of the night consisted of friends, new and old, Rock Band, live and electronic... JA was fun to watch. Crazy by all means, atleast in stage performance, but fun nonetheless, all I could do was laugh. one of the best concerts I have been to, my first, and unfortunately maybe last NIN show. 

The trip is less than two weeks away. Trains are booked. It's funny how people are coming out of the wood-work to help out and offer their advice and support on such an amazing experience.
 Makes it that much more memorable. I hope everyone remembers their P's and Q's so to speak... 

This weekends adventure=river rafting. Never been, always wanted to. Should be fun. 

side effects are outweighing the benefits. Not sure how much more I can take.

I like hotdogs and flank steak. I like to eat for free even more. I hope this continues, but I feel like it won't.




[The flowers of naivete, buried in a layer of frost. The smell of sunshine. Sweet smell of sunshine.]

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully we will continue to see shows just as epic. Walter read my message, but didn't write back. Looks like no lunch with Wally. But Chur!!

    ReplyDelete