Thursday, April 15, 2010

tie strings to clouds

Why are there so many earthquakes? It seems a little ironic\ridiculous\too close to home. Someone mentioned an earthquake gun. A gun that we could use to fire high amount of energy into the ground of our targets causing catastrphic earthquakes. I don't believe it, but, what if? How crazy insane would that be? Weird to think about. Weirder to not think about, considering we live here, in earthquake country, maybe we're next?

The craziness has settled. I have settled. Settled isn't the right word. I have come to a calm conclusion that I am where I am because that's where I am. Things are still in transition. Moving from stage to stage of growing up, being a grown-up. How do you know when the transition is over? Is it ever over? I don't think so. I think you are always transitioning. Always changing into something else. Nothing is ever simple, nothing stagnant, nothing easy or free or even explainable.

((in a line. there is no fast-pass, no front of the line ticket. it's in your hands. ideas out there. thoughts spoken. feelings expressed. nothing left to do but stand still.))

We went to Wondercon and then to see Jonah play in SF the other weekend. Wondercon is always more fun for me to watch than anything else. I am familiar with some of the venues, artists, ect. through movies, graphic novels, Miles, but I really like to watch the people there, and collect neat little postcards and flyers for collaging. The people watching alone is so worth it. After milling around there for a few hours, we headed to Epicenter Cafe (earthquakes?!?) and watched Jonah perform. It was a small little cafe. It was especially sweet because it was the first time Daniel saw Jonah, as well as my mom and sister. He said he wanted to come back for his birthday show there, which would be awesome. Easy to get to, as opposed to LA like last year, and really quaint and personal.


Yesterday we attempted to try to go zipline in SF, but the line was crazy. Instead, we spent the morning strolling the Embarcadero, enjoying the sunshine and people watching. We saw the typical, and not so typical, San Francisco treats. We saw a cat on a leash with a grumpy face. A duck poking at a dead duck. Sweet puppies running amuck. An old man with OCD, relentlessly trying to make everything just right. All in all it was a nice day in the city.


Tonight is Jonsi in Berkeley. I'm really excited to see him. I love Sigur Ros and Heima, and have really enjoyed the Riceboy Sleeps album and Go. It's amazing that we will hopefully see him twice in one week, when we go to Record Store Day in SF, he will be playing at Amoeba.

There is a girl sitting next to me. She smells like cat food. She doesn't look like she would, but she does. She smells like what I fed Ampersand last night. I miss baby Amp, cuddly, crazy kitty,

Go drum, too proud. Make your hands ache. Play it out. Go march through a crowd. Make your day break...

No comments:

Post a Comment