Tuesday, April 27, 2010

numbers aren't my friend

The other weekend was nothing short of interesting. I spent it curled up in a little ball of pain, in a little dimly lit room, in a not so little hospital. Thankfully I have amazing people around me that make sure I am taken care of and hold my hand when all I really need is just to know someone is there with me. I'm doing better now, finally. New doctor has some ideas (albeit, some not-so-nice ideas, but still), and hopefully this whole mess will be figured out, because honestly, I don't think I can go through that again. The toll it took on my body was just too much.

The school year is quickly wrapping up and I am trying hard not to fall behind. Finals for classes are spread out all over the place, making it hard to schedule time to do them, let alone prepare for them.

The other day we had a Cinco De Mayo party at my work for all the patients. We had margaritas (virgin of course), churros, and nachos. Oh, and who can forget the pinata?! The patients were more excited to be outside than anything, the sun shining, and music playing, all things they miss being in a hospital setting for so long. The best part was when I gave one of my favorite (yes, I can't help it, I have a favorite) patients a margarita, and she asked for another one by saying "Oh, can I have another cloud?" She associated the fluffy blended drink with a fluffy cloud in her little confused world. It made me smile.

I am so ready for summer. I am ready for warm days, for the burn on my skin, for weekend trips and lazy evenings. I want to start reading for fun again, I want to start doing more creative things, and having time to do nothing at all. At the same time, I am ready for the next year to be over, and for time to fast forward. I guess I can't ask for it both, I can't ask for a break and for a fast forward into real life. I'll settle for the break for now.


We bought tickets to The Dead Weather and Far. Two fun and interesting bands. We haven't been to a show in about a month, which is a long dry spell for us... these will be nice little treats.


Lately, I have met, and kept in touch with some new people\friends\acquaintances. It's fun and nice to meet new friends. Especially when they are going through the same things you are.

Two more weeks of school. Four more weeks of Care Center. Five weeks until Quest. Thirteen weeks until it all starts again. Nothing really big to look forward to in terms of all of this. I suppose getting it all done, feeling that sense of accomplishment. It's all just a numbers game.

No comments:

Post a Comment