Tuesday, April 20, 2010

just call me Polly P.

The weather is nice. Every other day it seems. The sun was shining this last weekend, I missed the heat on my skin. The little burn you feel when you start to get too hot. Summer is fast approaching. School is wrapping up, atleast for now, beacuase let's be honest, it never really is over. I have given my notice for one job so that I can work another. Quest is in the forefront of my mind, wondering what little buggers we will get this year, what antics they will have in store for us all. Family vacations, lazy weekends, busy weekends, getting away and staying in it. Just summer. I couldn't be more ready for it. Now.

I have been going to the gym every day this week. It's something new, but I would like it to stay. I'd like to say that it is helping with my frustration levels. Sweating it all out. I wish talking it out did the same thing. Talk is cheap sometimes.

I helped my mom put together things for a garage sale yesterday. Needless to say we went through a lot of old stuff that I\we\everyone doesn't need, yet keeps\wants\will buy for $1.00. We put out wooden apples, because everyone needs wooden fruit in their life, we added slinkys and yo-yos and hotwheels, there are some buckets of chalk, a Barbie tent, tons of VHS's and business books, plastic lipsticks, mirrors and combs, every little girls fantasy, and even a claw-candy machine up for grabs. My mom had found (because she had saved them all these years) a whole bag full of my old Polly Pockets. These are the little plastic dolls, no bigger than your fingernail, that come in fun shaped container\houses. They are literally pocket-size, as you can fit 100's of them in your pocket, and subsequently your mouth, as they also make great choking hazards as well. My mom cheerfully informed me she was saving them for my kids, you know, in case they wanted to choke on them too. These little gems can now be yours for the choking for only $1.00. No need to worry, the toy companies got smart after our generations, and made them hand-sized, now only one fits in your mouth at a time. Where's the fun in that?


I had the one in red. She was my favorite. Mostly because I was convinced she looked like me. Must have been the curly blonde hair.

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know."

No comments:

Post a Comment