Tuesday, December 29, 2009

stitched together with good intentions

Christmas has come and gone.

Meals on Wheels was a success, not necessarily in terms of numbers (however we did add people to our party) but in the sense that it was fun, we gave back, and felt good about doing it. Two cars, Me, Miles and Denise, and in my mom's car was her, Haley and Nikoo. It was a fun, laid-back kind of crew. Some stressing over streets and San Francisco in general...little did we know we would get the Tenderloin District. 40 meals, some interesting sights, smells, and conversations later...

The day continued with presents and stockings, and then a big dinner with everyone. I like having a big family\friends kind of dinner, it made it more fun. Miles and I, with our limited wrapping resources, made all of our wrapping with quotes, lyrics, drawings, and sayings on them. It made each gift like a present inside a present. Some were funny, some heartfelt, some so touching it made the water flow. I loved it, and am excited to do this from here on out.

As for gifts, I got some amazing, and very "me" things... a candle from India which I love, a home-made purse which I keep getting compliments on, books from my favorite author, a monkey that warms you from the inside out, and my current obsession, Katamari.


Tomorrow is the 30th. Mixed feelings. Cirque-du-Soleil in the evening will be a nice way to be together.


Working on Top Ten's now.

Talking to Nikoo and Miles about tattoos made me want my next one that much more. First pay check is definitely helping with this need.

No comments:

Post a Comment